We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have.
We welcome your questions and suggestions on our policy.
GDPR Compliance Any personal information you are asked to provide via this website is collected in compliance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
Localicity shall implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure and to be able to demonstrate that the processing of User Data is performed in accordance with this Regulation.
Those measures shall be reviewed and updated where necessary. Our Commitment to Protect Your Personal Information Localicity is committed to providing our visitors with a website that respects their privacy.
We do not sell this information to third parties. We gather some personal information from you, such as your name, location, email address, and additional profile content for the purpose of managing our admin panel and providing location-based Products to shoppers within our platform. This information is only obtained when you supply it voluntarily at sign up, by contacting us by e-mail, or by sending us a message.
Localicity collects information in a few different ways. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it When you sign up for or use our service, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, Product Listings, the email address or phone number you used to sign up with, and any other information you provide.
If you’re using Localicity on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data. And if you choose to purchase something on Localicity, you may provide us with payment information, contact information (ex, address and phone number), and what you purchased. You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook, Google, YouTube or Twitter account to Localicity, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts).
The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are. Personal Information Management Any personal information you do provide is managed according to the Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia) and GDPR. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected, and a contact person who can answer any questions you may have regarding the collection activity will be identified.
We collect only what is necessary for the operation of the website and to respond to your needs. Our use and disclosure of your personal information is limited by the privacy protection provisions of the PIPA Act and GDPR. When you visit this website and app, our server automatically collects a limited amount of standard information essential to the operation and evaluation of Localicity.
This information includes: • the page from which you arrived • the date and time of your page request • the IP address your computer is using to receive information • the type and version of your browser • the name and size of the file you request This information helps us assess our information services and is used only for this purpose. It is collected in compliance with the PIPA Act and GDPR.
If you choose to provide your personal information in an e-mail to someone else, or by filling out a form with your personal information included and submitting it through our website – Localicity will use that information to respond to your message and to help provide you with the information you have requested.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products Localicity. These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect: Log data. When you use Localicity, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Localicity featured, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Localicity, and cookie data. Cookie data. Cookies are small amounts of information that are distributed to web browsers to assist you when you return to this site or a specific area on the site. The cookie used here retains session information, or more specifically, the options selected to determine your itinerary or to keep track of the items you wish to purchase (session cookies remain active only until you close your browser). Localicity does not keep a database of information obtained from these cookies. Cookies are small amounts of information that are distributed to web browsers to assist you when you return to this site or a specific area on the site. The cookie used here retains session information, or more specifically, the options selected to determine your itinerary or to keep track of the items you wish to purchase (session cookies remain active only until you close your browser). Localicity does not keep a database of information obtained from these cookies. Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Localicity on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
4. Alternate purchasing options Although our online purchase system is secure, some versions of browsers as well as some firewalls will not permit on-line transactions. This feature protects you from placing orders through other servers that are not secure. If you are unable to access our purchase payment system for whatever reason, we encourage you to place your order in person, or by fax, mail, or telephone.
5. Our partners and advertisers may share information with us We may get information about you and your activity off Localicity from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with. For example: • Online advertisers typically share information with the websites or apps where they run ads to measure and/or improve those ads. We also receive this information, which may include information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads. How do we use the information we collect? We use the information we collect to provide our services to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Localicity and our users.
For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a Product, which can help us understand which version is better. If you make a purchase on Localicity, we may save your payment information and contact information so that you can use them the next time you want to buy something on Localicity. We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
• Suggesting Products that you may like and businesses you may want to connect with. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in home décor or visited home décor websites that have Localicity features, we may suggest home décor products or businesses that we think may be valuable to connect with.. We also use the information we collect to:
• Send you notifications (such as when certain activity happens on Localicity) for newsletters, marketing materials, engagement updates and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that includes content you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account and email settings (or through other settings we may provide).
• Respond to your questions or comments. Localicity Transferring your information. Localicity is a worldwide service. By using our products or services, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside of your home country, including in Canada, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those in your home country. What choices do you have about your information? Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a Localicity account, many of the choices you have on Localicity are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
• Access and change information in your profile page at any time.
• Close your account at any time. You will need to contact use directly to close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your Products and profile from Localicity. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam). You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Localicity. For example:
• The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
• Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us. To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider. How and when do we share information? Anyone can see your Public Profile and the Products you create and the information you share on your page. We may also make this public information available through what are called “APIs” (basically a technical way to share information quickly). For example, a partner company might use a Localicity API to study what their most popular Products are or how their Products are being engaged on Localicity. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
• When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook, Google, YouTube or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your Localicity account to those services or publish your activity on Localicity to them. Online advertisers typically use third party companies to audit Localicity delivery and performance of their ads on websites and apps. We also allow these companies to collect this information on Localicity.
• If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Localicity; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. We may share the information described in this Policy with our wholly-owned subsidiaries and affiliates. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy. We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on Localicity how many people saved something they shared, or the percentage of people who click on a Product after viewing it.
6. Security For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the Localicity computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
8. Retention of Your Information Any personal information you are asked to provide via this web site is collected in compliance with the PIPA Act and GDPR. Only information necessary for the operation of the website and the provision of requested materials or services to you is collected. The information is used only for the purpose it was collected or for a consistent purpose. Furthermore, the information is only retained for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Localicity Data Erasure The data subject shall have the right to obtain from Localicity the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay and Localicity shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following applies:
1. The personal data collected is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
2. The data subject withdraws consent on which the processing of their data is based for one or more specific purposes or the processing of personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation that has been explicitly consented to processing by the data subject for one or more specific purposes, except when Union or Member State law provides that the prohibition referred to may not be lifted by the data subject, and there is no other legal ground for the processing of their data.
3. The data subject shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to their particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her that is based on 3(1) and 3(2) including profiling based on those provisions. Localicity shall no longer process the personal data unless Localicity demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
1. For the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Localicity
2. For the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Localicity or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
4. The personal data being collected has been unlawfully processed;
5. The personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject;
6. The personal data is collected in relation to the offer of information society services when the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes, when concerning the offer of information services directly to a child, the processing of the personal data of a child Localicity shall be lawful where the child is at least 16 years old. Where the child is below the age of 16 years, such processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child. Member States may provide by law for a lower age for those purposes provided that the lower age is not below 13 years. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Our policy on children’s information Localicity is not directed to children under the age of 14.
We are an available service for all shoppers with a valid credit card and for businesses with valid products. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us. We aim to protect our users by monitoring for malicious content, abusive content and fraudulent content. Any user found to abuse our policy will be removed from the Localicity community and subsequent legal action my follow. How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Localicity after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.
If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law. How can you contact us?
The best way to contact us is online through the Contact tab found at the bottom of the main page.
If you live in Canada or outside, Localicity is responsible for your information. We can be reached directly by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss any questions or issues you may have.